Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Babies, books, and blogs.

   Okay so I'm a little (uh, yeah, make that a lot) embarrassed that I haven't posted anything since 2011. I cringe every time I look at the date for fear that it might slap be across the head. But before you raise a brow and agree that perhaps I need a little slap-down, let me explain...

   I was drowning in the whirlwind of trying to get pregnant, actually getting pregnant, and then getting un-pregnant (yeah, as in childbirth) and don't forget the sleepless nights, getting into shape, and regaining some (not all, but some) of the energy that convinced me that I wasn't too old to have another baby.

    Sigh.

   Now, I know that there are lots of superwomen out there (you might very well be one of them) who do all of it with their eyes closed, their hands tied behind their back, while hopping on one foot. Though I envy you, I am forced to admit, I fail miserably in trying to be like you. You see, for the first couple of months after having a baby, I stumble and fumble through my days and nights in a half-conscious, sleepless daze, wondering how a little pile of baby formula ended up on the floor next to my bed. And as I stare at said pile at 4am, I realize that in the middle of the night (while still asleep, mind you), I might have started to make a bottle for my baby, except the bottle was imaginary and the formula just went straight through and onto the carpet. Yes, I'm ashamed to say, that really did happen. My husband still laughs at that (but I won't tell you what weird things he did when he was sleepless for helping me with the baby at night. Oh no, and I wouldn't ever tell, for example, that he tried to put our six-year-old (sleeping) son into his new baby sister's crib in the middle of the night. I'm cool like that).

    Thank goodness my baby girl is now 8 months old and sleeping through the night (did you hear my clapping?) No worries, those sleepless nights are over and now I'm ready to jump right back in there. I'm going to be adding Lonely Hearts to Kindle soon--FINALLY!!! Rob and Carrie have been waiting so patiently, and they are finally going to get their time to shine in book 2 of the Mended Hearts series. 

    During the past year I was finishing up Book 1 in the Journey to Fire Mountain series (working title) which is set in Book of Mormon times. That’s not an excuse for not posting on my blog, just a reason. That manuscript is with the editor as we speak. As soon as I know what they plan on doing with that, I will post an update here. But I won’t have any more reasons or excuses, from here on out.

    Promise.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Babies and books! AND you tat! I am so impressed!
    Fox : ))

    Hope you are getting more sleep and that your 6-year old does not have to suffer any more such indignities! : ))
    Cheers,
    Fox

    ReplyDelete